Most people hate moving and I don’t blame them at all. I have moved many many times in my life and I hate doing it, but it gives me a great chance to check out a new place, meet some new people and of course redecorate my home.
The worst part for me about moving is packing everything up. It’s time consuming and sometimes can just be difficult. Maybe you don’t have the right size moving boxes or maybe you ran out of newspaper and it’s only Monday! Either way sometimes moving can just be hard, but if your smart when you move it really should be painless.
My top 5 moving tips:
- Gather boxes ahead of time or plan to buy Moving boxes
- Ask everyone you know for their newspapers, this is really helpful if you have a lot of glass or other fragile things.
- If you can clean and paint in your new home before moving anything in.
- Get references from moving companies or talk with friends about who they have used.
- Have insurance kept on both residences. You never know what could happen while your moving into your new home and out of the old one. I had a friend who was robbed while she moved.
Of course there are many other things you can do when you move that will make the experience helpful. I always try to drive around the area a few times before I actually move there so that I learn where things are, you just never know what you may need when you are moving or what may not get turned on in time, you know things like the gas and electric. It’s not fun moving to a new place only to find you can’t cook or shower!
Do you have any great moving tips to share with us?