The following is a guest post
It is that time of the year which we all look forward to. Yes, Christmas is round the corner with its multitude of colors, twinkling stars and sound of jingles. And it is the time to Decorate your Home for Christmas as well as welcome Santa and the forth coming New Year. But are you having troubling deciding how and from where to start decorating? Don’t worry. Here are a few ideas to pep up your home for the forthcoming holiday season.
- Outdoor: Christmas decoration should start from outdoors as this is the place that is quite visible to others. Electric bulbs and glowing stars can be used to beautify the trees outside the house. The entrance or hallway can be decorated with Christmas wreaths. New doormats with festive theme can be used. Autumn colored leaves; paper hangings etc would look good in hallway.
- Living Room: The must have for Christmas decoration is the Christmas tree. You can either make a mini tree using twigs and white spray or you can buy one from the shop. Once the tree is set the decoration part begins. Twinkling stars, Christmas balls, ribbon bows, mini Santa dolls etc are few of the items that are used for decorating Christmas tree. Once the tree is set, the room can be decorated with scented candles, Christmas wreath and natural flowers to bring in special aroma. Small dolls and teddies can be used to decorate, especially when you have kids in your house.
- Dining: Next to living, dining room assumes great significance. After all Christmas is all about wine and dine! Christmas trees are welcome in dining area as well, provided you have space. Instead of using electric light, candle lights can be used to bring in the Christmas mood. If you are fortunate enough to have chandelier with candle holders, well and good. Fresh flowers and leaves can be used as centerpiece for dining table. White colored table cloth and placemat look best suited for the Christmas setting. Blank walls can be decorated with floral wreaths.
Christmas décor need not be expensive if one has little imagination and creativity. Here are a few DIY tricks one can follow to decorate the home for Christmas
· Buy few Christmas balls of different colors and make a bunch of it. Hang it from the ceiling. It can make a nice Christmas inspired chandelier
· Old wine bottles can be spray painted in gold and silver and used as décor pieces
· Get ball or cube shaped candles from the thrift shop (or if you can make one well and good). Draw some picture using glitter glue. It can be used as an ideal décor piece. Similarly old porcelain bowls or cups can be given a new form using porcelain paint marker. A touch of personalized note; and this can be used as an ideal return gift as well!
· Homemade holiday wreaths are ideal for wall décor. For this use cardboard as a base and cut it out in the shape of a wreath. Make woolen pom-poms and stick to the cardboard wreath. Holiday wreath is ready.
Christmas decoration need not be an expensive affair. A little bit of creativity and imagination and time will go a long way in transforming your home into that perfect Christmas mood!
Author Bio: The author Susan Johns is a freelance content writer specializing in home décor/improvement niche. With over 5 years experience in the field of furniture and home decor, she has written numerous articles and blogs in this area. She is maintaining a deco review blog that reviews the latest products in home décor niche. Please visit her blog http://decoreview.com