web analytics
A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

Recently I went on a search for a few really cool lamps and I found some that really inspired me when it came to design and style. Lamps really can change the look and feel of a room and they are a great investment for any home improvement project.

Zappy

zappyhanging thumb A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

Inspired by the cone of the French pine. The Zappy stands out with its very high light yield. Cold illuminants get filtered through high quality ash or oak veneer panels, so that any indoor space gets illuminated with sublime light quality.

I love this lamp because it’s so different, while very modern it’s also rustic feeling and would work well in the country or in a lodge or cabin. It’s so stylish, yet so simple. You can find Zappy at http://schneid.org/zappy/

HCH74WD mx thumb A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

This really interesting checkered pendent light is just so fun and different. I really love how this looks and how much interest this could add to a room. This would be really cute in a tea/coffee house or a children’s bedroom. You can find this lamp at Horchow.com

2378165818 a0517d39b2 o thumb A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

The last lamp is so fun and classic. I love the modern design and the feel of this lamp. This would really work in any decor as not only does it have the modern feel, but when placed in a more traditional setting it works very well too. You can find this lamp at Generate

I would appreciate your thoughts on this post, why not comment?

pixel A lamp is just a lamp or is it?

Share and Enjoy

Comments
  • Bernadette C @Aimless Moments May 23, 2014 at 7:36 am

We just went lamp shopping actually last weekend. There are a TON of options. We were looking for the boys room so it was pretty simple, they wanted something simple. The girls were with us though and they found some they liked. The right lamp/light can make a nice difference.
    Bernadette C @Aimless Moments recently posted..Whose Child is This?My Profile

• American Punjaban PI May 23, 2014 at 9:12 am

The pine cone and lotus lamps are beautiful! You’re right, a lamp is not just a source of light. It’s a design piece and can make or break a room.
    American Punjaban PI recently posted..You Might Be Married to an Indian if….My Profile

• Paula Parker May 23, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Oh snap, that first orange lamp is awesome. Great taste in all your choices!

• Holli May 23, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I absolutely love that orange Zappy lamp. We recently purchased new lamps when we finished our basement and wanted to do something unique but I didn’t find anything within our price range that totally matched what I had in mind so I opted for something from Home Depot instead. :)
    Holli recently posted..You’re Invited To A Cartoon Cereal Party!My Profile

• Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell May 23, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Very cool! And, unique :) I’ve never seen anything like it before… thanks for sharing.
    Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell recently posted..#PinUP Pin Party: GardeningMy Profile

• Lisa Hodges May 24, 2014 at 11:11 am

I love the amazing choices you showed us…especially the orange one!

• Jen May 24, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I LOVE these lamps! I don’t know if I have ever seen more unique lamps that are still cute and not over the top. I love that a lamp can become an awesome focal point. Thanks for sharing!
    Jen recently posted..Angel Food Cake French Toast with Cream Cheese and Strawberry Syrup (New Pic Update)My Profile

• Emily May 25, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I know that light fixtures can really change a room!
    Emily recently posted..30 Minute Creamy Spinach and Artichoke SoupMy Profile

• Holly June 23, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I really do love that lamp. That is a statement lamp for sure!