When it comes time to purchase a new mattress for your bed, proper measuring must be done. If you do not measure your bed prior to purchasing a mattress you could find yourself with a new mattress that does not fit. Measuring your bed is a simple process and will ensure that you get a mattress that fits properly. Follow these tips for measuring:
1. Measure the length of the side board on your bed frame. If your sides are not even, measure the shortest side. Once you have this measurement you will need to subtract approximately 2 inches to get your true mattress length. The subtraction allows for bedding.
2. Next measure the distance between the blocks that hold your side boards to the headboard and the footboard. If your bed does not have these blocks, simply measure the distance between the outside edges of the side boards at the foot and the head of your bed. Use the shortest measurement if the two widths are not the same. You will need to subtract about 1 inch, again to allow for bedding. This is the width of the mattress that you need.
3. Now you will need to measure from the top of your bed rails that are nearest to the headboard to the spot on the headboard where you want the mattress to hit. This measures your mattress and box spring height.
4. Once you have done all of your measuring, determine the proper size of mattress based on the size of your bed. If your bed is oddly shaped or oddly sized, you may need to purchase your mattress from a custom shop that provides bedding that is not typical in size. Mattresses typically run the proper sizes but there can be a variation of about ½ inch or so. As long as you have properly measured your bed, it should not be difficult to purchase a mattress that perfectly fits the bed.
Spring is on the way and one thing you want to make sure you do is get your home ready. Winters end means thawing and rain that could cause some huge problems to your home, yard and your belongings.
1. Clean out your gutters. This will prevent rain water from getting close to the house and eventually coming into your basement. You should also make sure your downspouts are clear and lead a good distance away from your home.
2. Walk around your yard and inspect the trees and other plants to make sure they will not come falling down on your home in a storm or high winds. You can’t prevent all trees from falling but you can trim them back to keep damage minimal.
3. Clean the inside of your home to get rid of dust. When spring comes we open up windows and air in our homes starts moving again. If you have not dusted in a while and have been neglecting your vacuuming you should get that done since the built up dust can aggravate your allergies.
4 Change your furnace filter, when it’s time to start using the air conditioning you will be glade you did. Air conditioning units use the same filter as your furnace and having a clean filter makes that wonderful electric bill much less.
5. Start working on that garden. Once the ground thaws a little and the rain comes, the ground is much easier to move around. Start getting that veggie garden ready, not only will you have good healthy food, but a home garden can save you a lot of cash.
Comment: How do you get your home spring ready?
Canonical URL by SEO No Duplicate WordPress Plugin