A relaxing getaway, a place where you can go to get away from the world and find peace. That is what our modern bathrooms have turned into. Even our smallest bathroom remodel takes these aspects into consideration.
How do you create that Perfect Bathroom? The ideas are endless and really very simple.
1. Think about what makes you feel relaxed. Do calm blues and greens make you feel like your in a spa? Do you like soft lighting or more sunlight? Thinking about how colors and lighting effect you will help you to create a space that works for you.
2. Look at your accessories? Do you have nothing on your bathroom wall? Change that and add some calming elements to your walls. Using the vertical space in a bathroom can create that warm feeling you are looking for and help both your mind and body relax.
3. A Tub or a Shower? What helps you to relax after a long day. For some people it’s a nice soak in the tub after work, others enjoy a nice long shower to help relieve those tired muscles. Decide what one is more important to you and spend your money on that. You can always do both, but investing in the perfect tub or shower will help create a wonderful relaxing experience.
4. Flooring is very important when it comes to a relaxing bathroom. Do you live in a colder climate? You may want to think about installing heated flooring to keep your feet warm. For flooring you also want to choose relaxing or neutral colors.
5. Think beyond the normal bathroom. Maybe your in a warmer climate and would love an outdoor waterfall shower. Another way to bring the outdoors in is large skylights to help bring in light and nature to your bathroom.
How do you make your bathroom a relaxing space?